Seminar on Women and Religion
Please register via RELI 0391A
In this course we will examine the multiple portrayals of the divine in feminine form in the Hindu and Buddhist traditions of India and Tibet. We will first raise questions about the role and significance of goddesses from a comparative perspective, before examining the large variety of South Asian feminine divinities within their historical, mythological, iconographic, and theological contexts. We will also examine sociological and psychological perspectives on these traditions, opening a way for dialogue between indigenous and modern theoretical frameworks. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2014
- Le Chateau 109(CHT 109)
- 2:50pm-4:05pm on Monday, Wednesday (Sep 8, 2014 to Dec 5, 2014)
- James Pierce
- Gender Sexuality &Fem. Studies
- PrgGender/Sexuality/Fem. Study
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- AAL PHL
- Cross-Listed As:
- RELI0391A-F14 *
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):