Please register via FMMC 0242A
A survey of American film comedy from the silent era to contemporary productions. The course will focus on various approaches such as clown comedy, romantic comedy, and satirical comedy. In addition, the course will explore screen comedy in the context of various theories of comedy, including the narrative design, the social dynamics, and the psychological understanding of humor. The filmmakers will include: Chaplin, Keaton, Lubitsch, Wilder, Woody Allen, among others. Screenings, readings and written assignments. 3 hrs. lect./3 hrs. screen.
- Spring 2014
- Axinn Center 220(AXN 220)
- 2:50pm-4:05pm on Monday, Wednesday at AXN 220 (Feb 10, 2014 to May 12, 2014)
7:30pm-10:25pm on Monday at AXN 232 (Feb 10, 2014 to May 12, 2014)
- Arthur Grindon
- American Studies
- Program in American Studies
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Cross-Listed As:
- FMMC0242A-S14 *
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):