Sociology of Heterosexuality
Please register via SOAN 0314A
Most people believe that heterosexuality is natural or rooted in biology and so never look very closely at it as a product of culture. In this course we will examine the artifacts, institutions, rituals, and ideologies that construct heterosexuality and the heterosexual person in American culture. We will also pay close attention to how heterosexuality works alongside other forms of social power, especially gender, race, and class. (SOAN 0105 or SOAN 0191) 3 hrs. lect.
- Spring 2014
- Le Chateau 107(CHT 107)
- 3:00pm-4:15pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Feb 10, 2014 to May 12, 2014)
- Laurie Essig
- Gender Sexuality &Fem. Studies
- PrgGender/Sexuality/Fem. Study
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- NOR SOC
- Cross-Listed As:
- SOAN0314A-S14 *
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):