Global American Studies
The intensification of globalization since the 1980s has transformed the United States and the field of American Studies. In this course we will explore cultural and social changes that are linked to global flows of media, money, and migration in and out of the United States. Contemporary theories of globalization in the humanities and social sciences will be explored through a number of case studies. Some of the themes covered will include: the relationship between globalization and Americanization, imperialism and American militarization, transnationalism and media, and neoliberalism and finance.
- Fall 2013
- Axinn Center 219(AXN 219)
- 1:30pm-2:45pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- American Studies
- Program in American Studies
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- NOR SOC
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):