Culinary History of Italy
Food is a window into the culture and values of any society. In this seminar we will explore the history of Italian culture by investigating the ever-changing issues relating to food, through books, articles, films, recipes, and cooking. How did production and consumption change over time? What did the Ancient Romans eat? What was Italian cuisine like before pasta and tomatoes? What triggered the Italian appetite to change? Such questions allow us to examine what culinary choices reveal about today’s Italy. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2013
- Library 230(LIB 230)
- 3:00pm-4:15pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Ilaria Brancoli Busdraghi
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- CW EUR HIS
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):