Mountains of the Northeast
The mountains of the northeastern U.S. are an integral part of the cultural and natural history of this region. In this seminar we will consider topics germane to northeastern mountains including the geologic origin of the northern Appalachians, characteristics of mountain environments, changing perceptions of northeastern mountains over time, mountains as resources for modern society, and challenges facing these environments today and in the future. Readings and discussion will be combined with field excursions to enhance our understanding of mountains from a variety of perspectives. 3 hrs sem./disc.
- Fall 2013
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 419(MBH 419)
- 11:00am-12:15pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Jeffrey Munroe
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- CW SCI
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):