Shakespeare and Music
Shakespeare's plays are the stories we tell ourselves to explain to ourselves who we are. We have told them over and over, and they have proven to be infinitely adaptable to our needs. Composers, too, have been drawn to them from the beginning, adding their music to the music of Shakespeare's language. In this seminar we will study a number of plays, among them Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Othello, Macbeth, and A Midsummer Night's Dream, and the operas, ballets, film scores, and symphonic works they have inspired from the 17th century to the present.
- Fall 2013
- Mahaney Center for the Arts 209(MCA 209)
- 1:30pm-2:45pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Greg Vitercik
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- ART CW EUR
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):