Natural Science & Environment
Natural Science & Env Lab
We will explore in detail a series of current environmental issues in order to learn how principles of biology, chemistry, geology, and physics, as well as interdisciplinary scientific approaches, help us to identify and understand challenges to environmental sustainability. In lecture, we will examine global environmental issues, including climate change, water and energy resources, biodiversity and ecosystem services, human population growth, and world food production, as well as the application of science in forging effective, sustainable solutions. In the laboratory and field, we will explore local manifestations of global issues via experiential and hands-on approaches. 3 hrs. lect., 3 hrs. lab.
- Fall 2013
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 309(MBH 309)
- 1:30pm-4:15pm on Monday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Marc Lapin
- Environmental Studies
- Prog in Environmental Studies
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):