In this course we will study, discuss, and analyze great works of world literature from the perspective of their achievement in thought and literary art. We will further consider them as part of a vital literary tradition in which the works enter into dialogue with one another. Among the authors to be appreciated this term are: Dante, Boccaccio, Calderon, Moliere, Goethe, Gogol, Baudelaire, Proust, Pirandello, and G.B. Shaw. (Open to non-majors with approval of instructor). 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2013
- Axinn Center 104(AXN 104)
- 11:00am-12:15pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- John Bertolini
- Literary Studies
- Program in Literary Studies
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Cross-Listed As:
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):