An introduction to analytical and experimental chemistry with an emphasis on practice and application of modern instrumental methods. Lecture topics will include quantitative analysis, statistics and error analysis, experimental design, and the theory and operation of chemical instrumentation. Laboratory projects will involve use of volumetric glassware, atomic absorption spectrometry, UV/Vis spectrometry, high pressure liquid chromatography, gas chromotagraphy and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. (CHEM 0242) 3 hr. lect., 6 hrs. lab.
- Fall 2013
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 309(MBH 309)
- 11:15am-12:05pm on Monday, Wednesday at MBH 309 (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
1:45pm-2:35pm on Friday at MBH 311 (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Molly Costanza-Robinson
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Natural Sciences
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):