Introduction to Mindfulness
Basic sitting and walking meditation will be taught and practiced. We will use the breath to foster relaxed attention and to gain perspective on our restless minds. We will emphasize these techniques and learn how to use them in daily life and academic endeavors. We will read texts from the contemporary Tibetan and Zen Buddhist traditions, but the meditation will be employed in nonsectarian fashion applicable to any belief system. Truth should be verified by one’s experience. Students will write papers, give presentations, and keep journals. 3 hrs. sem.
- Spring 2013
- Johnson Memorial Building 403(JHN 403)
- 1:30pm-4:15pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Feb 11, 2013 to May 13, 2013)
- John Huddleston
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- AAL CW PHL
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):