British Crime Drama
Please register via FMMC 0256A
What makes British crime drama different from its American counterpart? Using gender, race, and sexuality as the primary lens, students will tease out the signature features of the British television genre. Through an examination of historical and contemporary shows, students will discern how cultural differences and Britain’s specific histories of empire and colonialism inflect the crime stories that are told. In particular we will use the crime drama to understand Britain’s encounter with modernity and how this is reflected in aesthetic choices.
- Spring 2013
- Axinn Center 219(AXN 219)
- 9:30am-10:45am on Tuesday, Thursday at AXN 219 (Feb 11, 2013 to May 13, 2013)
7:30pm-10:25pm on Wednesday at AXN 109 (Feb 11, 2013 to May 13, 2013)
- Sujata Moorti
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Prog in Women's & Gender Study
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- ART EUR SOC
- Cross-Listed As:
- FMMC0256A-S13 *
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):