Contempory Women Playwrights
Please register via THEA 0206A
WAGS/THEA 0206 Contemporary Women Playwrights (Fall 2012)
In this course we will read and discuss the work of the most influential and interesting American and European playwrights from the 1980s to the present. Authors will include: Maria Irene Fomes, Caryl Churchill, Suzan-Lori Parks, Adrienne Kennedy, Ntozake Shange, Judith Thompson, and Naomi Wallace. Issues of race, class, and gender will be closely examined. Readings will include selections from performance and feminist theory. 3 hrs. lect.
- Fall 2012
- Mahaney Center for the Arts 232(MCA 232)
- 1:30pm-2:45pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 10, 2012 to Dec 7, 2012)
- Cheryl Faraone
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Prog in Women's & Gender Study
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- ART LIT
- Cross-Listed As:
- THEA0206A-F12 *
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):