Diction & Culture German Stage
A performance component carries one unit of credit and includes a daily performance class with a focus on expression through correct diction and vocal/musical style, as well as acting for the operatic stage; weekly private coachings; one public recital; one public performance of the summer's opera project; and an intensive audition training workshop at the end of the program, offered by a German opera agent with years of experience and expertise in the field. Repertoire will include German Lieder, oratorio, and operatic arias for the recital. Students are expected to arrive with a minimum of three songs or arias memorized; additional assignments and work focused on the opera production will be announced during the summer.
- Summer 2014 Language Schools
- Mahaney Center for the Arts 221(MCA 221)
- 2:30pm-7:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at MCA 221 (Jun 30, 2014 to Aug 15, 2014)
2:30pm-7:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at MCA 232 (Jun 30, 2014 to Aug 15, 2014)
- Stefan Ruetter Stephan Boving
- Language School
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):
All Sections in Summer 2014 Language Schools
Summer 2014 Language Schools
GRMN3194A-L14 Lecture (Ruetter, Boving)