For students with very little or no previous classroom instruction in Russian. Starting from scratch, with a weekend “survival Russian” course before taking the language pledge, students learn the alphabet and learn to read and understand spoken Russian, learn to write and speak Russian in basic and predictable contexts (ordering a meal in a restaurant, asking directions on the street). Students master the basic grammatical structures of the language and acquire a beginning vocabulary, practiced in weekly compositions. Students completing this course typically have novice high or intermediate low language skills.
- Summer 2014 Language Schools
- Twilight Hall 302(AXT 302)
- 9:00am-9:50am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Jun 23, 2014 to Aug 15, 2014)
- Susanna Nazarova Melissa Miller Holly Myers
- Language School
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Undergraduate, Non-degree
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):
All Sections in Summer 2014 Language Schools
Summer 2014 Language Schools
RUSS3102A-L14 Lecture (Nazarova, Miller, Myers)