Cultural Studies I
This course sequence is designed for students with no previous classroom instruction or functional ability in Portuguese, and little or no previous experience in another Romance Language. It is intended to expand the PGSE 3101 course, with a focus on the cultural manifestations that shape the Lusophone world today. The program integrates the teaching of language through formal classroom instruction in a cultural context that may include music, cinema, history, geography, literature, and the arts in general. Most students completing this course sequence will be able to read, interpret, analyze, and discuss simple texts that deal with cultural aspects and phenomena related to the Portuguese-speaking countries, developing critical thinking, as well as improving their presentational and interpersonal modes of communication. Bibliography for PGSE 3103 will vary each year.
- Summer 2014 Language Schools
- Freeman FR1(FIC FR1)
- 11:00am-12:40pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Jun 23, 2014 to Aug 8, 2014)
- Debora Teixeira Marilia Ribeiro Regina Santos
- Portuguese (LS)
- Language School
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Undergraduate, Non-degree
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):