Oral Expression &Pronunciation
Through the study of a play, travel diaries, performing excerpts, press reviews and debates, students will work on putting the language into motion and emotion and on getting confortable in different public speaking situations...
The course will be articulated in a dynamic, participative and creative way around three axes:
1)Press reviews in a mini-studio environment, followed by a multi-media presentation on one specific subject.
2) Dramaturgic study of texts: reading, discussion, analyze;
3) Acting exercises to improve the articulation, pronunciation, listening, and public speaking.
Required books: Pour un oui ou pour un non de Nathalie Sarraute (France), ed. Folio Théâtre; Les Cahiers dogon d’Antonin Potoski (France), ed. P.O.L
Exercices de conversation et de diction françaises pour étudiants américains d’Eugène Ionesco (France), ed. Mermaid Turbulence
- Summer 2013
- Mills College (LS)
- 1:30pm-2:20pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Jun 24, 2013 to Aug 9, 2013)
- Charles Abdi
- Language School
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):