Use CRN 20855 to register.
What is intercultural competence? How this concept viewed from varying disciplinary and cultural perspectives? In order to be most effective in developing intercultural competence in others, it becomes imperative to gain a deeper understanding of this crucial concept in the 21st century. Given the over five decades of work on this concept by scholars, there is a plethora of definitions and frameworks around intercultural competence. This course explores a variety of perspectives on this concept, as well as practical implications in regard to development and assessment of intercultural competence.
- Spring 2014 - MIIS
- Monterey Institute, CA Campus: ONLINE (Online Course), MRSE B206 (Morse)
- 9:00am-4:00pm on Sunday, Saturday at MRSE B206 (Mar 1, 2014 to Mar 2, 2014)
- Darla Deardorff
- Intercultural Competence
- Language & Intercultural Study
- Transltn, Interpret & Lang Edu
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- MIIS Graduate
- Cross-Listed As:
- IEMG8563A-S14 *
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):