In this course we will study, discuss, and analyze great works of world literature from the perspective of their achievement in thought and literary art. We will further consider them as part of a vital literary tradition in which the works enter into dialogue with one another. Among the authors to be appreciated this term are: Homer, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Mann, Proust, Joyce. (Open to non-majors with approval of instructor). 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2014
- Robert A. Jones '59 House CON(RAJ CON)
- 1:30pm-4:15pm on Thursday (Sep 8, 2014 to Dec 5, 2014)
- Stephen Donadio
- Literary Studies
- Program in Literary Studies
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Cross-Listed As:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):