This course will provide an introduction to the cinema of Spain and Spanish America. We will study, among other topics: the idiosyncrasies of film language in Hispanic cultures, the relationships between text and image, representation of history, culture and society. Films from Mexico, Cuba, Argentina, Spain, and other countries will be included in the course. Selected readings on film theory and social and political history, as well as various literary works. In Spanish (SPAN 0220 or placement) 3 hrs. lect./disc.
- Spring 2014
- Sunderland Lanuage Ctr 110(SDL 110)
- 12:30pm-1:20pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Feb 10, 2014 to May 12, 2014)
- Enrique Garcia
- Spanish (& Portuguese UG)
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- AAL LIT LNG
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):