/Solvitur ambulando/: “It Is Solved by Walking.” The phrase is Latin, but it goes back to Diogenes and expresses the practical and embodied elements of problem solving and the creative process. We will look at the literature and lore of walking throughout history, myth, philosophy and literature, and take three walks of our own, alone, and with partners. Reading will include Wordsworth, Stevenson, Thoreau, Rebecca Solnit, Chatwin, Dr. Johnson, Montaigne, Basho, Hirsch, William James, Gary Snyder, and David Abram.
- Fall 2013
- Twilight Hall 204(AXT 204)
- 1:30pm-2:45pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Christopher Shaw
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):