Fellini and the Art of Cinema
In this seminar we will examine some of the films of the great Italian director Federico Fellini (The White Sheik, I vitelloni, La strada, The Nights of Cabiria, Il bidone, La dolce vita, 8 ½/, /Amarcord). We will analyze these films in relation to contemporary Italian society and discuss how the philosophical and ethical questions they present relate to our own reality today. Special attention will be paid to uncovering the artistic underpinnings of Fellini’s cinema through formal analysis of the films.
- Fall 2013
- Atwater Dining 102(ATD 102)
- 3:00pm-4:15pm on Tuesday, Thursday at ATD 102 (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
7:30pm-9:30pm on Tuesday at SDL 110 (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- M. Van Order
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- ART CW EUR
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):