Jane Austen and Film
Why did a writer born over 200 years ago become a hot property in Hollywood? The explosion of film adaptations of Austen's novels has sent readers scurrying to Austen's six major works: Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion. We will study these novels and their film and video adaptations, while examining the differences between the language of film and the language of fiction, and while considering Austen's appeal to 21st century men and women. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2013
- Axinn Center 104(AXN 104)
- 10:10am-11:00am on Monday, Wednesday, Friday at AXN 104 (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
7:30pm-10:25pm on Monday at AXN 104 (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Mary Ellen Bertolini
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- CW EUR LIT
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):