The Global Sixties
Please register via IGST 0406A
In this seminar we will explore the global upheavals of 1968 through the transdisciplinary lens of visual culture. Through a focus on architecture, film, and art we will unpack the political, social, and cultural climate that helped to define1968. Signature features of this historical moment such as the anxieties of modernism, feminist, sexual, and race-based movements, and postcolonial formations will be studied in sites and aesthetic experiments around the globe. While 1968 is often seen as uniquely Western, we will explores the implications of this epochal moment as it plays out in India, Brazil, Japan, and other non-Western centers of cultural production. This course is equivalent to JAPN 0406 and GSFS 0406. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2013
- Old Chapel 206(OCH 206)
- 1:30pm-2:45pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Sujata Moorti Stephen Snyder
- Gender Sexuality &Fem. Studies
- PrgGender/Sexuality/Fem. Study
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- ART CMP
- Cross-Listed As:
- IGST0406A-F13 *
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):