In this course we will explore a broad selection of dramas from Spain and Spanish America. We will focus on close readings of plays, considering, where relevant, their historical and cultural contexts. Emphasis will also be placed on the development of critical vocabulary and writing skills in Spanish. Texts will be selected from various periods from the Middle Ages to present day. Authors include: Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Calderón, sor Juana Inés de la Cruz, Tirso de Molina, Alarcón, Castellanos, Gambaro, García Lorca, Mihura, Díaz, Solórsano. Satisfies the College writing requirement. (SPAN 0220 or placement) 3 hrs. lect./disc.
- Fall 2013
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 309(MBH 309)
- 9:30am-10:45am on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Miguel Fernandez
- Spanish (& Portuguese UG)
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- AAL LIT LNG
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):