Passages from India
In this seminar, we will focus on the literature, politics, and culture of 20th century India. We will discuss writing by Raja Rao, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Ismat Chughtai, Mahashweta Devi, Arundhati Roy, Salman Rushdie, and others. Drawing on both popular and documentary films, we will explore this literature in the contexts of colonialism, nationalism, class and caste politics, gender, the state, regionalism, religion, notions of development, and globalization. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2013
- Axinn Center 109(AXN 109)
- 2:50pm-4:05pm on Monday, Wednesday (Sep 9, 2013 to Dec 6, 2013)
- Yumna Siddiqi
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- AAL CW LIT
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):