Geography of War and Peace
Whether it is military maps employed in the defense of the Han dynasty or the logistic support for cruise missiles in the Gulf War, geography has always been associated with war and the exercise of power. However, the field of geography also has a lesser known tradition that emphasizes social justice and resistance to oppression. In this seminar we will examine how geography and geographers engage in the propagation and execution of wars and in the education and mobilization for peace. Students will be actively involved in unraveling the story of the geography of war and peace through research projects, fieldtrips, and an online exhibition. 3 hrs. sem.
- Spring 2013
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 319(MBH 319)
- 8:00am-9:15am on Tuesday, Thursday (Feb 11, 2013 to May 13, 2013)
- Guntram Herb
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- CMP CW SOC
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):