Many Faces in Science
Are scientists very different from artists? In this seminar we will read biographies of Nobel Prize winning scientists including Marie Curie, Richard Feynman, James Watson, Rita Levi-Montalcini, Linus Pauling, and Kary Mullis to learn the human and artistic sides of these scientists. While we will look at the impact and significance of the work of these scientists, we will not focus on technical details of their science. We may, in the end, discover that they are also fun-loving, creative artists, far from the “scientist” stereotype. 3 hrs. sem.
- Spring 2013
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 538(MBH 538)
- 2:50pm-4:05pm on Monday, Wednesday (Feb 11, 2013 to May 13, 2013)
- Sunhee Choi
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):