Proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, and carbohydrates are the basic chemical entities that make life possible. In this course we will delve into the macromolecular systems that bring about important biological processes. We will study the mechanisms of cell signaling, viral membrane fusion, RNA silencing, immune recognition, enzymatic catalysis, and other cellular activities at the molecular level. Special emphasis will be placed on the structure and biochemical underpinnings of recent 'hot' or high-profile systems from the primary literature. (CHEM 0322 or by approval) 3 hrs. lect.
- Spring 2013
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 411(MBH 411)
- 11:00am-12:15pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Feb 11, 2013 to May 13, 2013)
- Rebecca Taurog
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Natural Sciences
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):