Please register via FMMC 0238A
A series of urban crime films and melodramas made in Hollywood between 1940-1960, but concentrated in the decade immediately after World War II, have been understood by critics to constitute the movement of film noir. In this course we will study prominent films from this group as well as contemporary films influenced by them, and the critical literature they have elicited in order to understand the cultural sources, the stylistic attributes, the social significance, and the long-term influence attributed to film noir. 3 hrs. lect./3 hrs. screen.
- Spring 2013
- Twilight Hall AUD(AXT AUD)
- 1:30pm-2:45pm on Tuesday, Thursday at AXT AUD (Feb 11, 2013 to May 13, 2013)
7:30pm-10:25pm on Wednesday at AXN 232 (Feb 11, 2013 to May 13, 2013)
- Arthur Grindon
- American Studies
- Program in American Studies
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- ART NOR
- Cross-Listed As:
- FMMC0238A-S13 *
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):