Beginning with our ancestors’ first control of fire more than a million years ago and sparked by numerous chance discoveries since, humans have transformed mundane natural materials into incredibly useful goods. Mud into ceramics! Stone into bronze tools! Using Caveman Chemistry as our guide, we will create a sampling of our own primitive goods using low-tech methods as we explore the chemistry and significance of these seemingly magical transformations. Not open to students who have taken FYSE 1329.
- Winter 2013
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 309(MBH 309)
- 2:00pm-4:30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday at MBH 309 (Jan 7, 2013 to Feb 1, 2013)
2:00pm-3:30pm on Monday, Thursday at MBH 309 (Jan 7, 2013 to Feb 1, 2013)
- Molly Costanza-Robinson
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Social Sciences
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):