Philanthropy Ethics Practice
In this course we will explore important philosophical, political, and practical questions concerning philanthropy. We will ask philosophical questions about altruism and justice. We will examine organizations within the American charitable sector and the political, material, and cultural forces that shape them. We will combine these two perspectives—philosophical and structural—to gain a better understanding of what philanthropy is or means today. We will then put these perspectives into action: through a generous donation from the Once Upon a Time Foundation, students will have a unique opportunity to award sizeable grant(s) to the charity or charities that the class selects.
- Winter 2013
- Axinn Center 109(AXN 109)
- 10:30am-12:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Jan 7, 2013 to Feb 1, 2013)
- Sarah Stroup Steven Viner
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):