Physics for Educated Citizens
Climate change, dirty bombs, meteor impacts, energy sources, radiation, spy satellites, night-vision goggles, computer chips: All can be understood with physics. Education is another name for feeding your curiosity within structured guidelines, and curiosity will be central to this seminar. Our resources will be a textbook, Physics for Future Presidents, and non-technical articles, many of which you will seek out on your own. Our aim will be to develop a working knowledge of physics as it applies to important topics, and to effectively communicate that knowledge through discussions, oral presentations, and formal writing. No prior physics is required. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2012
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 530(MBH 530)
- 9:30am-10:45am on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 10, 2012 to Dec 7, 2012)
- Susan Watson
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- CW DED
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):