Art and the Environment
“The land is not the setting for the work but a part of the work.” So did the artist Walter de Maria describe The Lightning Field (1980), a site-specific, environmental work of art built in an isolated part of western New Mexico. In this seminar we will discuss the different ways that recent artists have used, commented upon, and at times altered their surrounding environment. We will take an expansive view of the term "environmental" in our seminar as we explore natural, urban, media-based, and conceptual artistic environments. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2012
- Axinn Center 104(AXN 104)
- 2:50pm-4:05pm on Monday, Wednesday (Sep 10, 2012 to Dec 7, 2012)
- Edward Vazquez
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- ART CW HIS NOR
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):