Playing the Part
In this seminar we will apply the actor’s techniques of text analysis and character development to the study of dramatic literature in the hopes that these tools can illuminate the texts in ways conventional approaches might not. This is not a performance class nor is acting experience a prerequisite. We will read six plays, and, using the technical tenets of Stanislavsky-based method acting, chart the characters’ progress through the script. We will watch plays on film, and travel to see a professional production. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2012
- Mahaney Center for the Arts 209(MCA 209)
- 11:00am-12:15pm on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 10, 2012 to Dec 7, 2012)
- Alexander Draper
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- ART CW LIT NOR
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):