Voices Along The Way
In this seminar designed for international students, we will examine American culture through the lens of “migrations,” the 2012-13 theme of the Center for the Comparative Study of Race and Ethnicity. We will study how migrations form the essence of American culture, philosophy, and history. We will read texts by Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Mark Twain, Emily Dickinson, Toni Morrison, Julia Alvarez, and Sandra Cisneros. Throughout the seminar, we will work on discussion, oral presentations, research, and writing, which will include both short and long papers. 3 hrs. sem.
- Fall 2012
- Mahaney Center for the Arts 209(MCA 209)
- 9:30am-10:45am on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 10, 2012 to Dec 7, 2012)
- Hector Vila
- First Year Seminar
- First-Year Seminar Program
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- CW NOR SOC
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):