This course will provide an introduction to the cinema of Spain and Spanish America. We will study, among other topics: the idiosyncrasies of film language in Hispanic cultures, the relationships between text and image, representation of history, culture and society. Films from Mexico, Cuba, Argentina, Spain, and other countries will be included in the course. Selected readings on film theory and social and political history, as well as various literary works. In Spanish (SPAN 0220 or equivalent) 3 hrs. lect./disc.
- Fall 2012
- Johnson Memorial Building 304(JHN 304)
- 9:30am-10:45am on Tuesday, Thursday (Sep 10, 2012 to Dec 7, 2012)
- Juana Gamero De Coca
- Spanish (& Portuguese UG)
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- AAL LIT LNG
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):
All Sections in Fall 2012