Intro Span Phonetics/Pronunc.
In this course we will study the sound system of Spanish with the aims of introducing the fields of phonetics and phonology while improving pronunciation. Students will become familiar with phonetic transcription, comparing and contrasting articulatory and acoustic characteristics of Spanish as well as English in order to understand and implement different phonological patterns produced by native speakers of Spanish. Additionally, we will discuss major pronunciation differences across the Spanish-speaking world. (SPAN 0220 or equivalent) 3 hrs. lect./disc.
- Fall 2012
- Sunderland Lanuage Ctr IL1(SDL IL1)
- 10:10am-11:00am on Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Sep 10, 2012 to Dec 7, 2012)
- Marcos Rohena-Madrazo
- Spanish (& Portuguese UG)
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Cross-Listed As:
- View availability and requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):