Hispanic Cult through Theater
The course combines the study of theatrical Spanish texts with the practice of some acting and performing skills. The class explores various theatrical styles and schools, analyzing their chronological development and examining how they relate to Hispanic culture, history and traditions. The students will also put into practice some of the creative techniques that integrate the theatrical panorama of Ibero-American theater. Taking the “performer's place” should provide the students with self-confidence and independence in the use of the language, considering that they have to perform and even improvise theatrical scenes. (1 unit)
Required text: Materials in electronic or photocopy form to be made available upon arrival at Middlebury.
- Summer 2014 Language Schools
- Mahaney Center for the Arts THE(MCA THE)
- 12:00pm-12:50pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Jun 30, 2014 to Aug 15, 2014)
- Esther Hernandez
- Spanish (& Portuguese UG)
- Language School
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):