Rigorous practice of spoken and written Chinese in complex communicative activities will be complemented by intensive drills to fine-tune pronunciation, expand vocabulary, and internalize more complex grammatical constructions. Students will also do intensive reading of expository writings on a variety of cultural topics. This course is conducted in Mandarin Chinese.
Required texts: T. Richard Chi, Intermediate Mandarin Chinese: the Textbook, forthcoming, Boston: Cheng & Tsui Company. T. Richard Chi, Intermediate Mandarin Chinese: the Workbook, forthcoming, Boston: Cheng & Tsui Company.
Recommended Dictionaries: Deng, G., Ed., A New English-Chinese Dictionary, University of Washington Press; Deng, G., Ed., A New Chinese-English Dictionary, University of Washington Press.
- Summer 2014 Language Schools
- McCardell Bicentennial Hall 538(MBH 538)
- 7:50am-9:35am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at MBH 538 (Jun 23, 2014 to Aug 15, 2014)
7:50am-9:35am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at MBH 438 (Jun 23, 2014 to Aug 15, 2014)
- Luoyi Cai Haiyan Cui Jingjing Ji Levente Li Rui Wang Yu Wu Hsin-hung Yeh
- Language School
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Non-degree, Undergraduate
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):