Activities designed for the course include intensive drills on sounds and tones, vocabulary, grammatical constructions, and traditional and simplified characters in meaningful contexts. There is extensive practice in using Chinese in culturally authentic situations. Both pedagogically prepared texts and authentic materials including a wide variety of regalia will be used in this course.
Required Texts: Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part 1: Textbook, Workbook, Character Workbook; Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part 2: Textbook, Workbook, Character Workbook. Cheng & Tsui Company, Boston.
Recommended Dictionary: Concise English-Chinese Chinese-English Dictionary, New Haven: Commercial Press.
- Summer 2014 Language Schools
- Main Campus: FRE (Forest East)
- 7:50am-9:35am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Jun 23, 2014 to Aug 15, 2014)
- Tong Chen Yuqi Gao Lijuan Guo Shan He Chia-yin Tsai
- Language School
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Non-degree, Undergraduate
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):