Intro Study Italian Literature
In this course we will read and discuss texts spanning all periods of Italian literature and exploring all major literary forms: poetry, prose (narrative and expositional), and theater (in prose and in verse). Students will gain an understanding of the sweep of Italian literature, while sharpening their reading and analytical skills, as well as their ability to express themselves in Italian.
Required Texts: Letteratura italiana per stranieri. Nuova edizione a cura di: Paolo E. Balboni - Anna Biguzzi. (ISBN 978-88-557-0096-2)
Il sentiero dei nidi di ragno. Italo Calvino. Milano: Mondadori. (ISBN 9788804375913)
Sottobanco. Domenico Starnone. Roma: E/O (ISBN 9788876411540)
Additional material for the course will be provided by the Instructor.
* Students are also required to participate in the Diction & Pronunciation course*.
Students are also encouraged to participate in all the workshops offered in the evening.
- Summer 2014 Language Schools
- Mills College (LS)
- 11:00am-11:50am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Jun 23, 2014 to Aug 8, 2014)
- Lorenzo Borgotallo
- Language School
- Requirements Fulfilled:
- Non-degree, Undergraduate
- View availability, prerequisites, and other requirements.
- Course Reference Number (CRN):