Navigating the Process: Advanced Strategies in Rewriting is a course in rewriting, editing and proofreading available to all qualified international students. The course concentrates on giving non-native speakers of English the necessary tools to edit their own writing. We will use short in- class writing and papers from other classes to sharpen our editing skills.
Students can expect to ...
- learn the strengths and weaknesses in their own writing;
- increase knowledge and understanding of academic English usage;
- enrich style and expression; punctuate correctly;
- write more cohesively (and coherently);
- use transitions more effectively;
- reduce redundancy;
- research and teach a grammar point;
- work in small groups;
- and give and receive written feedback.
- English for Acad Prof Purposes
- Language Studies
- Transltn, Interpret & Lang Edu
- Requirements Fulfilled:
Spring 2013 - MIIS
Spring 2012 - MIIS
Fall 2011 - MIIS
Spring 2011 - MIIS
Fall 2010 - MIIS